Feb 19, 2014

Best Friends

I already shared this story with quite a few people, but it's so adorable 
that I feel the need to document it in my digital journal. 
[aka: blog. how you like that lingo?]

Lyla made a new friend at the park this week. 
She is three years old and they had an instant connection.
It was really cute to watch their friendship blossom, quite quickly I might add.
It only took the other little girl a few minutes to ask my permission for Lyla
to be her best friend. From there, her and Lyla were glued at the hip.

Her new friend's name is Dylan. When I asked her name while we were at
the park she responded with, "Deetan" which obviously wasn't right, 
but she couldn't pronounce her "L" sound very well. 
So, when the little girl could tell I wasn't saying it right she 
yelled over to her grandma, "Hey grandma! Can you tell my best 
friend's mom my name?" 

Oh gosh. Little kids crack me up. 
Dylan's grandma found this new found friendship 
equally as adorable and took a picture of the gang.
The other two in the photo are 17 months apart, just like Max & Lyla.
I always enjoy observing that age gap in older siblings & their interaction with each other.
Anyway, they were playing also, just weren't as outgoing as Lyla's "best friend"


I stared at this picture for at least ten minutes.
For one reason, it is the best posed picture Lyla has agreed to in months.
And secondly, she looks so grown up. It's making my heart do that achy swollen thing.

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment