Feb 27, 2014

Maxwell: 9 Months

It literally blows my mind that my sweet little boy is already nine months old. 
So much has happened in the past nine months & it's all happened entirely too fast. 
After the first year is when these babies really start making their way towards toddlerhood 
and I cannot believe his first birthday is only three months away.

Crap. Now I'm getting sad. I shouldn't be sad. 
It's been a real fun adventure so far with Max.
Although there are some moments that seem like this unpredictable
 baby stage is going to last forever, it really doesn't last long enough.

I am so in love with this child. He has such an incredibly sweet soul
and it's hard to imagine what life what was like without him in it.
I can barely recall moments of Lyla being an only child.
Yes, I have a horrible memory. I know this.
But, I truly feel like he was meant for me. I can feel it.
And maybe he showed up 17 short months after
Lyla because he couldn't hold out any longer.
I love you, Max!



the skills & life experience of a nine month old:

1. he loves food. 
this includes baby purees, soggy crackers, steamed veggies,sliced fruit.
everything. there is no holding back & i allow him to taste [almost] anything.
the only negative food experience thus far was with eggs. 
we aren't touching those nasty embryo things ever again.

2. he also continues to love the boob milk.
he is quite skilled at this task and is able to grab a snack at his own leisure
and in various positions, including drinking while standing up or 
sometimes sitting down while simultaneously playing with a toy.
this 24 hour milk dispensary gets plenty of business.
[sorry about the tmi. but it's a funny thing that nobody gets to see]

3. he's says "mama" and "dada" sometimes.
but he doesn't seem that interested in mimicking noises.
he does enjoy screaming his little head off like a cave man though.

3.5 banging his hands on tables is another frequent cave man-like behavior. 

4. he crawls. fast. pulls himself up on anything possible. 
his balance is improving. and he's starting to walk along furniture. 

5. i wouldn't consider him a cautious child. 
he is starting to learn some boundaries,
but we will likely change his middle name to 'danger'

6. he has two bottom teeth. 
the top teeth have been teasing us for weeks!

7. he gives his momma big slobbery kisses. 
i will never turn those down. 

8. he also gives out hugs several times a day.
he is so lovable & there is nothing sweeter
than when he snuggles up next to his big sis.

9. he has the best laugh. sometimes it comes straight from his throat.
he is ticklish, yes. but he is starting to laugh at life situations as well. 

10. he's traveled by plane to idaho over xmas. but other than that, 
he's spent his nine glorious months in the heart  heat of texas. 
[i think it's time to spread your wings, max]


 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment