There was a time I felt guilty for making Lyla become a big sister after only 17 months.
I was grateful for a second pregnancy. I was excited to be growing a healthy baby boy.
I just felt like Lyla deserved more time to be the first and only child.
I wanted her to enjoy her mom and dad a little while longer
while they still belonged 100% to her.
I know a majority of people are born already having siblings and
aren't damaged from not experiencing the spotlight of being the first child,
but I still felt bad about it nonetheless. Sometimes you just can't help how you feel.
Fast forward to now and I'm so happy Lyla has Max
to share these early childhood moments with.
Maxwell's social skills are developing rapidly and
it really is the best thing ever watching their bond grow.
It's beginning to show how much Max really admires his big sister.
It's beginning to show how much Max really admires his big sister.
Every night before bed I always ask Lyla, "what do you want to do tomorrow?"
Nine times out of ten her answer is simply, "play."
I have always loved her response and thought for
a two year old girl, she really has her priorities straight.
The last couple weeks she has slightly altered her response.
Now when I ask, "what do you want to do tomorrow?"
the answer is "play with Max." I love it even more!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment