Apr 27, 2014

Grandma & Grandpa in Texas

It was so much fun having my grandma & Steve visit.
I'm feeling familiar enough with Texas now that I can 
actually be somewhat decent of a tour guide now when family comes.

Grandma gets a little grumpy when you point the camera in
 her direction, but you can't blame a girl for trying!
Enjoy some stories of their visit through pictures....

Grandma convinced Lyla that monsters live in the attic.

This game went on for the entire duration of their visit. 



We enjoyed a BBQ at Steve's sisters house one evening.
She lives only about ten miles south of us!
It's funny how the phrase "it's a small world" has been said 
way more times than I expected since living in Texas.

Max got a little feisty on the way there and grandma 

climbed into the backseat to help soothe him.
I can't even remember if she was successful or not, 
because I was laughing too hard after she spilled 
an entire container of puffs and got her foot stuck in the door.



We went to an arcade style driving range.
It was really cool and I want to go back someday without  the children. Ha!
Max stabbed a french fry with a fork all by himself and
 he seemed very proud of himself.



We ditched Steve for an afternoon and did lots of shopping.
Baby Gap + Generous Grandma = Spoiled Grandchildren
I love this picture because it looks like Lyla & Max are
 having a really in depth conversation.


We visited the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
It was verrrry neat. It would have been possible to spend an entire day there.
Lyla especially enjoyed the butterfly exhibit where hundreds 
of butterflies fly freely all around you.






I'm unsure how this idea even started but my grandma and Lyla
talked about having a "pretend" birthday party all week.
Finally, on Thursday night they had their celebration.

Grandma and Lyla couldn't agree on the cake to buy.
They ended up getting a giant cookie covered in pink and green frosting.
I will give you one chance to guess who won that battle?



If you know my grandma, you know she loves telling stories. Repeatedly, I might add. 
I can slowly see the "Kaili & Jake" stories getting replaced with "Lyla & Max" stories.
That's just fine. The love my grandma has for her great-grandkids is adorable.
She is the best grandma out there & I'm happy I get to share her with my babies.

It looks like this summer our schedule is packed with even more visitors.
It gives me something to look forward to & I can't wait for my mom to get here in May!

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment