Today I did a very very bad thing. I took a trip down memory lane by looking at baby pictures of Lyla & Max. Holy crap. Now I've got that fever. Go away baby fever! Don't worry. My health will improve when the next meltdown happens.
Speaking of meltdowns, we've been on a good streak lately. As long as everybody gets a proper nap, then we don't have any irrational break downs leaving someone lifeless on the floor. Yes, sometimes that lifeless person is me. It can get pretty dramatic around here. My only complaint right now is the hitting that occurs between siblings throughout the day. I can't blame them though because they've been inspired by this awesome game they play with dad every day when he gets home from work.
It's a pretend super hero game called "boom town" and I dislike it very much. Actually, I enjoy it in the moment because all three of them really get into character. There is lots of hysterical laughing. Body slamming. Tackling dad. And BOOMING, of course. But no matter how you lay it down for a two year old and one year old, they just can't grasp that it's dad only game and it ends when dad says so. So I ended it. No more boom town because the non-stop booming the following day drives me insane. Maybe it can be reinvented when they are older and wiser.
Lyla has outgrown most of her size 2T pants. She stills wears them, just looks like a super dork doing so. I purchased some new pants today in size 3T. I had to force myself to buy them because just by looking at the length and waist size at the store I thought they looked gigantic and there was no possible way they would fit her. Well, to my surprise, when she tried them on they fit perfectly. I told her to stop growing because it was going to make me cry. I made her stop for a picture and captured her expression perfectly as she said, "Yep, Mom. Daddy is going to cry too."
I took it as a "just wait for what else I have in store for you" moment.
If you don't find this hilarious, well then, apparently you had to be there. The stuff that is coming out of her mouth lately is cracking me up.
Speaking of meltdowns, we've been on a good streak lately. As long as everybody gets a proper nap, then we don't have any irrational break downs leaving someone lifeless on the floor. Yes, sometimes that lifeless person is me. It can get pretty dramatic around here. My only complaint right now is the hitting that occurs between siblings throughout the day. I can't blame them though because they've been inspired by this awesome game they play with dad every day when he gets home from work.
It's a pretend super hero game called "boom town" and I dislike it very much. Actually, I enjoy it in the moment because all three of them really get into character. There is lots of hysterical laughing. Body slamming. Tackling dad. And BOOMING, of course. But no matter how you lay it down for a two year old and one year old, they just can't grasp that it's dad only game and it ends when dad says so. So I ended it. No more boom town because the non-stop booming the following day drives me insane. Maybe it can be reinvented when they are older and wiser.
![]() |
| they really do get along, MOST of the time! |
I took it as a "just wait for what else I have in store for you" moment.
If you don't find this hilarious, well then, apparently you had to be there. The stuff that is coming out of her mouth lately is cracking me up.



She's so big:((
ReplyDelete