Oct 7, 2014

When Lyla Calls Your Name

Lyla has discovered a new bed time strategy. It's a game I used to play all the time. I am an expert at it, however, I find myself losing to a much younger opponent quite often! 

Let's see...some of her new excuses include:

1. "I need to go potty." 

The most logical attempt that I generally cannot ignore because I like to avoid soiled bedding. 

2. "I need a drink of water." 

Once again, I must consider other factors such as, when is the last time she drank water? Did she drink enough water today? I can't sleep when I am thirsty, so maybe one small drink of water will be okay.

3. "Will you read me another story?" 

I say yes to this request most of the time. My cut off is five, or sometimes three. Depending on how tired I am. LOL.

4. "Will you turn the fan on?" 

I ask myself, why would she want the fan on? The fan sucks. But okay, if you wish, I shall turn on the fan. Now go to sleep. 

5. "Will you turn my blankie to the soft side?" 

I have since learned to put her blanket on the soft side from our initial attempt. But she got me with this reasoning several times before I wised up. 

6. "Will you turn on the hall light?" 

I always comply with this request because I always slept with the hall light on as a kid. 
No hall light = monsters. Duh. 

And the latest & greatest....

6. "My bum is itchy." 

This is the one excuse I fear she is taking advantage of because one time I think her bum was actually itchy. So I pulled her out of bed and gave her a bath. Nothing worse than an itchy bum. However, now that excuse has turned into a new regular. 

Nope. Not falling for it, Lyla. Shut your eyes.

I look forward to more new material in the future. Silly girl. 

random wedding photo just because my people are cute. 


 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment