Oct 16, 2014

The Oil Ranch

 


Today we went to the Oil Ranch with Charli & Hali. First thing we took a hay ride pulled by a tractor. The driver stopped so everyone could feed the cows and it was amazing how far those cows could stick their heads inside the cart for food. I think it was a little too close for comfort for Lyla and I agree. 

We headed for the barn afterwards to take a look at some of the other farm animals. They had the typical cluster of hens, roosters, turkeys, pigs, goats. Those goats didn't like us very much though. Max was completely captivated by every single animal. He is so cute. I think he would do just fine living on a farm. 

All of the kiddos were excited to ride a pony. Lyla was especially brave and didn't hesitate at all when it was her turn to saddle up. I wasn't expecting Max to be tall enough...old enough...big enough...to ride, but the worker dude acted like it was no problem and pulled around the tiniest little pony for him. I thought Max might get freaked once we put him on the horse. Actually, I think he was freaked because his face remained frozen the entire ride, but he enjoyed it nonetheless. My little man doesn't like being left out of the fun. It was awesome. The pony rides were definitely my favorite. I won't be surprised if Lyla starts asking for a pony for her birthday. Is three too young for a pony? Ha!

Lyla milked a cow...kind of. She definitely had an unsure expression on her face as she reached for the nipples of a big momma cow. Her biggest concern was the whereabouts of the baby cow. We rode the choo choo train. Checked out the playground. Played with some water spouts. Lyla and Max took turns begging their aunt Charli to haul them around all over the place. Who needs legs when you have an aunt, right? She was a willing participant, well maybe not so willing. But she knows, just like everybody else, how easy it is to fall victim to Lyla & Max shenanigans. 

We finished the day by picking out some baby pumpkins and enjoying a picnic. It was a fun day!









I did consider that posting photos of a lactating cow to my blog might be weird. Buuuut I did it anyways. It's the thought that counts.  

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment