I am so unimpressed with this cold weather that's been lingering around in Texas. I keep find myself complaining to Kirk that I don't think it got this cold the first year we moved here. He claims my body has likely adapt to the change in climate. I guess that's possible. I honestly don't think I would ever take my kids out of the house during the winter if we still lived in Idaho. It's hard enough now getting them all bundled up and secured in their car seats with all that extra gear, not to mention they find it amusing to remove their socks and shoes in the car. Ugh! So annoying! Haha. Although 40 degrees still isn't cold enough for snow, it sure feels like it. Perhaps it's the humidity that is giving it that extra brrr factor.
I'll admit it. I'm a wimp now. There was once a time I thought 40 degrees was a heat wave, now when the temperature falls anywhere below 50 feel like I'm going to get frost bite. The struggle is the real deal. As a result of not getting to play outside, we've been doing a lot of this....
I'll admit it. I'm a wimp now. There was once a time I thought 40 degrees was a heat wave, now when the temperature falls anywhere below 50 feel like I'm going to get frost bite. The struggle is the real deal. As a result of not getting to play outside, we've been doing a lot of this....
We are still avid Frozen fans in this house. However, I am trying to expand our Disney movie exposure. Mostly for my own sanity. Kids these days just don't appreciate the classics though! There have been several moments of me getting completely absorbed in some movie from my childhood, while the kids lose interest and start making messes elsewhere. Then I'm quickly brought back to reality when Lyla approaches with a guilty look on her face and says, "I'm really sorry, Mommy."
'
My nap experiment I mentioned a couple weeks ago has concluded and Lyla's requirement to take a nap is being determined on a day to day basis. It all depends on her overall mood of the day. I think she is slowly transitioning out of naps completely, but she isn't quite there yet. The days she doesn't nap have allowed us to spend some quality time together in the afternoon, while little brother is snoozing away. Some of our activities include making play dough, baking muffins, doing hair & make up, and playing dress up. This is stuff that Max usually likes to be involved in as well, but it's much easier with only one child. More fun too...sorry, Max. He can be a destructive little feller.
With all this time indoors, Max experienced a big victory this week. He used the big boy potty for this first time! It honestly was not my doing whatsoever and all the credit goes to Lyla. It isn't unusual for Max to strip down to bare booty or remove his own soiled diaper. It's his new(ish) thing. I continue to encourage him to use the potty, but he pretty much just looks at me like I'm crazy anytime I suggest he do so. Well, his bare little bum was running around one morning, when suddenly Lyla instructed him to sit on the potty. He obeyed her command. She then explained the steps to him in her cute little Lyla voice. I could tell she was growing impatient, as she bolted for the kitchen and came back with a sippy cup for Max. She continued to tell Max he needed to drink water so he could go potty. Once again, he obeyed her command. This was all very amusing to me. I pretty much just sat back and observed the whole process. Max ended up GOING POTTY and it was a celebration had by all. It did feel a little strange giving him praise since he did only manage to get out about a teaspoon of urine, but he was clearly trying to impress Lyla. And that is freaking adorable!






No comments:
Post a Comment