Monday morning started out as pure torture. We were alerted first thing in the morning (6am) to Miss Lyla going totally ballistic. It appeared she was still in the fog from a nightmare, as she was mumbling something about misplacing a Barbie. It seemed totally ridiculous at the time, but who am I to minimize her fears. In her three year old mind losing a Barbie is a completely justifiable nightmare!! We finally calmed her down, but by that time her screams had echoed throughout the house and everyone was already very much awake. It was obvious that she still needed more sleep since she angrily told me, "you're not my best friend no more," after denying her request to have mac & cheese for breakfast. Then, just as Kirk left for work, the kids started clawing at each other's faces and I saw myself sitting on the edge of a very miserable Monday. There was way too many tears and not nearly enough coffee.
Generally I like to spend Monday at home to get all the laundry done and focus on any neglected housekeeping, but since we were off to such a pitiful start I had to change up our routine a bit. I decided to get everyone ready and get away from the negative energy looming around the house. We spent an hour playing outside, soaking in some sunshine. It's always brings a smile to my face to see Lyla ride her bike. She is improving so much. We took the car to the car wash. The kids are always fully mesmerized by this experience, plus they think the car wash is the only place they can devour in peanut butter crackers. Somehow it's become a special car wash treat. We visited Kirk at work and brought him some lunch. We returned home with happier attitudes and hopefully a better forecast for the rest of our week.
For the record: Lyla's no nap experiment has been revoked until further notice.
For the record: Lyla's no nap experiment has been revoked until further notice.
Also, as mentioned in a previous post, my sister in law requested my participation in this What I Wore Wednesday movement, buuuut I can't always commit to all three of us looking presentable on Wednesday. Sooo I'm breaking the rules and doing a What I Wore Monday. Deal with it.
Lyla Estelle:
Printed Peasant Top: TJ Maxx
Orange Ruffle Leggings: TJ Maxx
Pink Sparkle Flats: Ross (Wedding Shoes)
Maxwell Monte:
Blue Striped Top: Target
Lightweight Khaki Pants: Carters
Nike Free 5.0: Nike Outlet
Printed Peasant Top: TJ Maxx
Orange Ruffle Leggings: TJ Maxx
Pink Sparkle Flats: Ross (Wedding Shoes)
Maxwell Monte:
Blue Striped Top: Target
Lightweight Khaki Pants: Carters
Nike Free 5.0: Nike Outlet
Kaili Magdelina:
White Swoop Neck Tee: Target
True Religion Jeans: Nordstrom Rack [Circa 2009]
True Religion Jeans: Nordstrom Rack [Circa 2009]
Grey Slip-On Suede Sneakers: American Eagle
Necklace: Lucky Brand
Necklace: Lucky Brand
I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to choose outfits for the kiddos today without any toddler intervention or opinion. It's pretty rare for that to happen these days. However, they did choose their own shoe attire for the day.
My sister is super awesome and fashionable. You can check out her blog by clicking here --->
www.organizecleandecorate.com
My sister is super awesome and fashionable. You can check out her blog by clicking here --->
www.organizecleandecorate.com






No comments:
Post a Comment