What I Wore Wednesday is a trend sweeping social media to promote fashion accountability and encourage overall vanity. My sister in law requested my participation in this weekly tradition and it turns out I'm a willing participant. It's only slightly embarrassing when Lyla catches me taking photos of myself. "look away sweetie..."
Wednesday morning we always go to our music class. It's a fun start to our day. Afterwards we headed to the grocery store, first making a pit stop to see Kirk at work. I arranged for a babysitter to come by in the afternoon for a couple hours. I needed a little bit of "self time" --- as Lyla likes to call it. I visited a friend and did some kid-free shopping. Now my batteries feel recharged and my alone time levels are full.
Lyla picked out her outfit today from head to toe. She even brushed her hair and teeth all by herself. She is growing into quite the self-sufficient little lady. We only got in a little fight about putting her hair up because somehow we didn't get all the shampoo washed out and she looked like a total greaseball. Normally I like to avoid any argument involving her hairstyle.
Max is loving baseball hats lately. We really need to increase his inventory because the only one he owns is getting pretty snug. Also, please note, once again, Max's shorts are not Kirk approved. I believe Kirk called them "train conductor" shorts. I am realizing just how critical he is of his son's wardrobe. Geez! Kidding. I imagine someday Max will be grateful to have a dad with a decent sense of fashion.
My skirt is hot off the shelves from Target. It's one of those pieces of clothing that I love so much I want to go back and get it in every color. I told Kirk he was getting old when he started buying a specific style of shirt in a variety of colors. Hmm I guess I'm old now. I love dresses. I love skirts. And the great thing about Texas is I can usually wear them year round. However, any dress or skirt that goes above my knee pretty much remains in the closet due to their lack of functionality, same reason you will rarely see me in high heels. I need clothes that are kid proof. My life tends to bring me down to kid level multiple times a day and that's why longer skirts are pretty great for me. I don't have to worry about anyone seeing my tooshie!
Lyla Estelle:
Duck Print Top, Ruffled Sleeves: Hand-Me Down
Black Leggings: Target
Multi-Colored Toms: Journeys
Maxwell Monte:
Mr. Messy Tee: Target *so fitting for max*
Pin Stripe Shorts: Carter's
Light Up Sandals: Sketchers Brand
Texans Hat: Lids
Texans Hat: Lids
Kaili Magdelina:
Black Top, Lace Accents: Target
Maxi Skirt: Target
Coral Toms: Gift from Olivia
Necklace: Forever 21
My sister blogs about her wardrobe and she is super fabulous.
You can check her out by clicking here ---> www.organizecleandecorate.com




No comments:
Post a Comment