What I Wore Wednesday is a social movement in an effort to prevent us humans from being slobs. My sister-in-law requested my participation in this trend, along with her other sisters scattered across the nation. Yoga pants will always be an essential item to my wardrobe, but this weekly habit is a small way of keeping us busy ladies accountable for our fashion choices.
I think Lyla looked exceptionally cute today. She requested Anna braids. Anna is a character from Frozen --- I'm sure you already know that, unless you're living in a bubble. I'm not sure where this sudden desire came from to have her hair done, but I'm not complaining. I'm grateful for Max's preference towards hats lately. He managed to find and open Kirk's hair gel earlier in the day. His hair was looking totally wild, to say the least. See picture below.
I purchased my sweater prior to my pregnancy with Max, then I got all plump and couldn't wear it anymore. It got lost in my closet and I only recently rediscovered its awesomeness. I love it when old clothes turn into new clothes. Also, I believe I made the statement in an earlier post that I am not a seflie person. I guess I can't really make that claim anymore since I now take photos of myself on a weekly basis. It definitely still feels awkward though. I'm always thinking to myself, "what the hell am I supposed to do with my hand?"
Lyla Estelle:
White Top, Gold Buttons: Old Navy
Floral Leggings: Old Navy
Ugg Boots: Gift from Aunt Kari
Floral Leggings: Old Navy
Ugg Boots: Gift from Aunt Kari
Maxwell Monte:
Nike Swagger Tee: Second Hand
Lebron Nike Shoe: Nike Outlet
Lebron Nike Shoe: Nike Outlet
Texans Hat: Lids
Jeans: Carter's
Kaili Magdelina:
Owl Sweater: Macy's
Dark Wash Jeggings: Bohme
Dark Wash Jeggings: Bohme
Brown Boots: Macy's
Selfie Rant:
Now that I'm a self-proclaimed selfie person, I think I need to get all of this off my chest.
Selfies. I think it's the "look at me" mentality that tends to make me gag. This generation of individuals are incredibly tech savvy, yet equally as narcissistic. I don't want to be portrayed as a self-absorbed individual. That's not a path that I'm seeking in life. I guess I don't really understand why my mind is overly concerned with the world of selfies. The act of taking a selfie is fine, genius actually. There is no doubt that some people take really amazing photos of themselves. I just think some people get carried away with their selfie habit and need to cool their shit.
I suppose people could make the same call about the amount of photos I take of my children. It's a completely mindless habit. There are so many moments of their childhood that I want to freeze, I guess taking a picture is the next best thing. I totally acknowledge that experiencing the moment is so much more valuable than looking at a picture later on. I constantly have to remind myself to put down my phone. I say to myself, "Hey self, it is okay if you don't get a picture of them in the bathtub today. I guarantee there is already at least 100 in existence." I know I'm not the only parent who tries to capture every adorable moment. I know I'm not the only parent who thinks their kid is the best thing ever. I'm literally obsessed with them. It's so silly. Do people with ugly children have this problem? <-- Joking. Calm down.
It's just interesting & terrifying & strange to me that my children will be able to find photos of themselves on the internet at basically every single stage of their life. I often wonder if the pictures posted of my kids will cause complications for them in the future? Imagine how much more accessible the world will be in another ten years! Nothing is protected on the internet. It's the INTERNET. This is why I avoid posting anything completely embarrassing online. For example, there is an awesome photo of Max sitting on the toilet. I didn't share it anywhere on the internet because I thought about what life might be like for him when he is in junior high. What if a group of 14 year old girls find this photo and it totally humiliates him. Maybe he will laugh it off, but maybe it will really hurt. This is a total hypothetical situation. It's just the crap my mind comes up with. Junior high girls are the worst. I know because I was one. Ha! I can't imagine how much harder it is now with the influence of social media.
Conclusion: I don't care about your selfies. You probably don't care about my kids eating plastic lunch. Maybe everyone should use a better filter when posting to social media and consider if it's really something everyone needs to see. At the same time, I'm not here to please everyone. The point of social media [for me] is to stay in contact with family. It's a great way to stay connected. My blog is really special to me because it is a journal of so many incredible memories. I really hope Lyla & Max are appreciative of it one day. It's the modern day scrapbook. Ugh! There goes my brain working in two directions again. I think moderation is probably the key to this headache I'm having.
If you can offer any insight or perspective to this generation of picture obsessed people, please share. It's something that boggles my mind. all. of. the. time. How did we get here? Is it necessary? Is it damaging?
OK BYE!
.jpg)

.jpg)


Max has always got the best shoe game. I one day hope to have a boy as swaglicious as him lol
ReplyDelete