Lucky for me, Libby made it to Texas and transitioned in just as our friends were heading back home. I feel like I'm still recharging my batteries after last week and the kids seem to be running on fumes as well, so it's pretty fantastic she will be here for three weeks. She is keeping our spirits high as we head into August. This has been an amazing summer. We have been so very spoiled.
Oh, I think I also forgot to mention on the blog that Taylor & Jordan decided they couldn't live without the Texas heat and now they are here to stay. So basically Lyla & Max have been in seventh heaven. Once again....best summer everrrr!
Lyla insisted I take some"self time" by going Target one afternoon, leaving her and Aunt Taylor alone. I didn't want to break Lyla's heart, so I agreed to go shopping by myself. It was a pretty tough decision obviously. Hahaha. Is it sad this was Lyla's idea? How does she know me so well? Ha! For the record: I didn't go to Target. Target is easy with kids. They have juice and popcorn. I went somewhere that doesn't offer that convenient distraction. And maybe I went to Starbucks too. Anyway , this is the picture I received shortly after I left the house.
My aunt has been such an influential person in my life and it makes my heart happy to see Lyla build a similar bond with her own aunts. It's back to that "it takes a village..." concept. Life is good.




No comments:
Post a Comment