Aug 26, 2015

Little Gym: Round 2


Lyla took a gymnastics class at Little Gym two years ago and we both had a lot of fun. Then Max was born and I powered through a few more months of class while carrying him in the baby harness/sling/thingie, but eventually my little boy reached his chubbiness potential and my back couldn't handle it anymore. We moved Lyla to a Saturday class, but that didn't work out very well because it turns out we have commitment issues on Saturday mornings. So last year we tried out a family music class somewhere else. The kids enjoyed it alright, but I felt it lacked that same energy and positive atmosphere we loved at Little Gym. Lyla joined a soccer team in the spring, which definitely lacked the fun vibe we were searching for. [Soccer isn't to blame for that one. That was totally on us. We couldn't handle the pressure.] Anyway, all this time I continued to think about how wonderful Little Gym was.

Little Gym: We regret the time we have spent apart. We have missed you. We are back and ready to party!

It is really awesome because the class schedules for Lyla & Max just so happen to fall back to back on Wednesday morning. That was an unexpected convenience. We arrived today for our first class and Lyla waited patiently as Max took his turn first. The age range for his class still falls in the youngster category, so I had to join him as well. He seemed a bit overwhelmed in the beginning with the group warm up, but he got over it quickly and had a blast. His class ended and he kept holding up his little hand while saying, "five more minutes!" I finally convinced him to exit by luring him with a hand stamp. [Bribes for life!] Then Lyla had her turn. The class for her age group focuses more on independence and does not require a parent. I was a little nervous because of the fear she inhibited during soccer, but she walked right into the gymnastics class and greeted the teacher with the utmost confidence. She was a good listener and had a great time. I am so very proud of her. I can't wait to watch them both improve their skills over the next several months. Yay Little Gym!








 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment