Aug 20, 2015

Vacation Recap


We have returned, safe and sound. Florida is a beautiful place to visit. We will most definitely be back. I can't say we traveled inland even once, but the coast provided plenty of amazing views, delicious food, and entertainment. The water is blue. The sand is divine. The people are friendly. I feel like this place would be a real shame for someone who doesn't enjoy seafood because it is so so good. I only made a mistake the first night by asking our waiter if the shrimp was fresh or frozen. He looked at me as if I was joking...but I was totally serious. Haha! I'm such an idiot. 

We are already planning our next vacation, including the kiddos next time. Destin, Florida is a super kid friendly area, unlike New Orleans where I covered Lyla's eyes and ran back to the hotel room as the sun went down. The resort we stayed offered so many activities for kids, even a dude in a shark costume passing out ice cream. We explored the boardwalk and discovered even more places that we thought the kids would love. There was a live concert and these adorable little girls were dancing like maniacs. I was definitely reminded of Lyla and wished she was there to enjoy it. Max too, of course. 

Despite missing the kids a tremendous amount, we had a very fun time together celebrating our anniversary. It was a nice break from the norm of our every day lives. We laughed because we truly felt disoriented at first, wondering what we were to do to occupy our time without the kids to keep us busy. We were really looking forward to sleeping in, but couldn't even pull that off. I think the glory of being on vacation finally set in when we decided to go for a late night dip in the pool after already being tucked into bed. The responsibility of being a parent definitely takes away from those spontaneous experiences I so much enjoy. 

We arrived home after the kids were already in bed, however Lyla was still awake. She gave us both the longest and tightest hug. She definitely seemed surprised to see us in her room. We woke up Max as well, but he only gave a very confused/groggy look followed by falling back to sleep less than a minute later. It felt good to be missed. We are so grateful for our friends and family who ensured our little people were loved and well cared for in our absence.




 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I don't like seafood and still loved Florida 😉. Glad yall had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yes, anyone would love Florida --- seafood lover or not! I just meant the fresh fish just made it extra spectacular for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete