Mar 5, 2016

Growing Up

As we were driving around recently, I found myself contemplating all the reasons why being an adult is so stressful at times. I started to wonder why I ever wished to grow up in the first place. I honestly can't even remember what was so appealing about it at the time, but I assume it was just the perception as a child that grown ups get to do whatever they want. I was too naive back then to even realize stress existed. That's the beauty when it comes to childhood, sometimes ignorance truly is bliss. With this in mind, I decided to ask my four year old for some insight as to why children want to grow up so badly. In her own words, her three definite reasons for wanting to grow up are as follows: 

1. I want to take care of my own kids. 

2. I want to sit in the car without a car seat. 

3. I want to cook stuff, like chicken.

I suppose in the mind of a four year old those are some major milestones to look forward to. As simple as it may seem, I do appreciate life from her perspective. It's a reminder for me to stress less and adjust the focus of my energy to the things I easily take for granted...like cooking chicken. Hehe!

I think her desire to cook chicken probably comes from when she helps me cook. I always tell her she isn't allowed to touch raw chicken. She cannot be trusted with that type of responsibility, yet. Regardless, still a hilarious reason for wishing to be a grown up.

Max joined in on this conversation as well, but I'm still waiting for him to form his own thoughts rather than mimicking anything and everything Lyla. He will get there, someday.


 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Max shopping is still one of my favorites. He is killing it.

    ReplyDelete