We are looking forward to some fun this week with Kirk's parents and Cameron visiting. Lyla has not been able to contain her excitement about their arrival. I actually feel bad that she can recognize her Grandma Julie's name in my phone because her daily countdown phone call quickly transformed into an hourly update. She is super patient, like me. Ha. I think both of these kiddos enjoy showing off their skills and talents to a fresh audience. They will do anything to get that spotlight turned up as bright as possible. Lucky for them, the Idaho crowd is easy to impress. I will post more about their visit later this week.
Other than that, Life has slowed way down for us lately. I wouldn't dare to call it boring, but still nothing blog worthy, unless you want to hear me whine about Max being two some more. However, the lack of action is typically a good indicator that change is on its way. It's the calm before the storm. I'm becoming quite familiar with this cycle, as it seems to happen so often. Life experience is funny like that.
And just as change would have it, we were given the option this month to renew our lease, but after weighing our options we decided it was in our best interest to move. It turns out there is an abundance of availability on the housing market, so that made the decision even easier. We found the most charming home in a lovely neighborhood, located only a short drive from Kirk's second home --- aka 1488 Collision. He is most definitely looking forward to the shorter commute as well as avoiding the freeway traffic.
We have made some wonderful memories over the past three years in our current home. It was the beginning of feeling settled in Texas and it's the place Max came home to from the hospital. We have all grown and changed a lot here. And it makes me feel a little sad when I think about how I always had this vision of my kids growing up in the same house their entire childhood and returning to the same house with their own families as adults. But it's just not the life we have created for our family and I'm continually learning that is okay. We can pack up our memories with us and make any place feel like home. The roots will keep growing as long as we are together. That got cheesy real quick, but hey, it's how I feel.
This will be our first move together as an entire family and I'm really enjoying sharing my anticipation with the kids. They were a bit apprehensive about the idea of moving at first, but once they understood we would bring all most of their toys and treasured belongings to the new house, they were totally on board. I've been driving by the new house almost every single day and Kirk is very displeased that I've exposed our exceedingly receptive children to my creepy behavior. I told him it's only creepy if I slow down as we pass the house, but I maintain my speed like a normal person. Apparently that's still creepy.
We still have a full month before the move, so I haven't gone total packing mode just yet. I have been scanning the house in attempt to devise a packing game plan and I'm beginning to wonder if moving is a smart choice for my sanity. And then I wonder how we ever acquired so much crap? This thought has inspired what I consider phase one of moving, which consists of getting rid of all the junk we don't need to bring to the new house. The cleansing process is seriously satisfying. Bye junk!
It's all very exciting, April will be a busy month for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment