Jan 22, 2013

Baby on Bourbon Street

This weekend we took a mini vacation to New Orleans.
Not only did we have a wedding to attend, but we couldn't pass up
 the opportunity to see family when they were only five hours away. 
Now that I'm living in Texas, I can't miss any chance to spend time with the Idaho fam. 
Plus, who doesn't want to find out what New Orleans is all about!




And on that note, I have one word for the place known as The Big Easy...wild.
Seriously, pretty much anything that disturbs you about
 the human race you will find in this little nook of the great u.s. of a. 
More specifically, the French Quarter. 
Luckily, I'm not easily offended.
It was pure entertainment for a pregnant lady like myself.

Kirk and I are pretty easy going when it comes to
 shielding our one year old from the harsh realities of the world.
 But when day turned to night and more ignorant men paired with topless women
 began to emerge, Lyla and I decided to take our party back 
to the hotel room and leave dad to play with the grown ups.
 Maybe next time I can experience the freak show
 when I'm not growing a little person and we hire that full-time nanny...

So! The little bit of New Orleans we were able to explore in the
 short time we were there I would not recommend for families. 
I'm sure there are kid friendly places to be found...we just didn't have time. 
Our main purpose in New Orleans was for the wedding.

The wedding venue was held in a wax museum on Conti Street.
I thought it was a unique and clever location choice. They even had a band.
Lyla babbled through the ceremony and was really excited when the reception began.
I know this is probably true about a lot of babies, but Lyla loves parties! 
She loves big events, lot of people, and loud music.



I think her walking improved dramatically at the wedding.
 She kept getting upset when we tried to hold her 
and insisted on waddling out to the dance floor.
 There were also several other kids and babies who Lyla 
enjoyed flirting with and following around. 
It was obvious she was having a great time.

Overall, we had a really fun weekend and it was so great to see some of my family.
It truly is a fascinating place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment