1 Year Doctor Visit
Weight: 20 lbs, 8 oz, 55th percentile
Height: 30 1/4 inches, 75th percentile
Head: 19 inches, 98th percentile
Today Lyla had her first appointment with her new doctor in Texas.
I'm always a bit hesitant and nervous when seeing a doctor for the first time.
I understand that we aren't going in for open heart surgery or anything.
Routine check-ups accompanied with standard vaccinations seem pretty basic,
but I'm picky and sometimes it's difficult to find doctors I jive with.
Anyhow, this new doctor seems pretty decent off the first impression.
He didn't creep me out or make me feel like an inadequate parent,
so that's always a plus.
so that's always a plus.
He went over all the year one basics and Lyla's exam followed shortly after.
It's so funny because she will be acting like a total spaz and the
instant the doctor starts checking her out she goes into a trance-like state.
instant the doctor starts checking her out she goes into a trance-like state.
She always holds very still and watches carefully as he examines her tiny body.
His only concern is the size of her head. eek!
I explained she has always had a larger than average head and
her previous doctor never expressed any concern for potential issues.
He said she is probably perfectly fine and it's likely just her genetics.
He also said genius babies need bigger heads to hold their huge brains,
but he still intends to request her records from our Idaho doctor just to be sure
her growth has been gradual and she didn't suddenly develop a huge noggin.
Better safe than sorry I suppose...
My big girl received two shots in the leg today.
To my surprise, she didn't cry for the first poke and
only let out a small pout for the second one.
This doesn't make much sense to me since the world around her
seems to crumble every time she lightly bonks her head.
But that's just a typical princess for ya!
To check out Lyla's stats over the past year click

No comments:
Post a Comment