Jan 5, 2013

Party Time

Happy Birthday to my favorite little person!
Lyla's birthday was yesterday, but her extremely awesome party was today.
(Thank you to aunt Kari and grandma Paula for all their help and expertise.)


pre-game.
 "let's get this party started, mom."















Happy Birthday to my beautiful, smart (not so ->) baby girl. 
We have learned so much in a year and it's gone by way too fast. 
 I don't think Kirk and I can even remember what our lives were like before Lyla!

Motherhood has met my expectations and beyond. 
There are a lot of moments that are simply indescribable. 

She continues to challenge me. I'm consistently learning something new.
And I wouldn't change a thing. Every day is worth it.

Watching Lyla grow is bittersweet.
 I love watching her learn and develop.
 I love each new stage.
But at the same time, it makes me sad that time is irreversible.
She is becoming less and less baby with each passing day.

She is getting taller. Her hair is growing longer.
She has learned to roll over, learned to crawl, learned to walk, 
and it has all been amazing...
but I can never go back to enjoy those things with her again. 
It pulls on my heart strings a little!

2 comments:

  1. Her 1st Birthday came so fast! And Kirk's comment is just sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete