I'm going to be one sad momma when Libby leaves us.
We are having so much fun & it's not so shabby having a live-in nanny either!
Some of our recent activities include:
1. a very serious coloring session.
2. [libby] modeling school clothes for aunt kari.
3. petting stingray at the aquarium. ahh!
4. the happiest little dude in town.
5. fun times at the park.
I didn't think much changed between 14 and 24,
but having Libby here is making me feel OLD.
She's making me realize that all things I find cool are actually uncool.
She also informed me that kids her age never call each other on the phone.
Now communication is all about Facebook or texting.
What. is. the. world. coming. to.
Do you realize this means she has never gone through the heart-racing anxiety
of calling a boy's house with the possibility of a parent answering the phone?
That was as real as fear got for me as a young gal.
I know I'm merely one generation ahead of my sweet cousin,
but the influence of technology has me slightly freaked.
Seriously. The world is becoming too smart for its own good.
I really hope my children remain human & don't turn to robots.
Kirk and I decided that when Lyla is old enough for a cell phone
we are going to disable the text messaging feature.







just got back from uzbeckistan. to wake up to your new post acually brougth lumps and tears.i think you have gotten wayyyyy cool , and very clever. the kids look great, keep up the outstanding work. love you all grampa, ggrampa
ReplyDelete