Oct 6, 2013

Lyla: 21 Months

My big baby is officially 21 months old.
[pretty sure she thinks she is much much older]

These milestones are becoming a little less brag worthy.
Don't get me wrong, she is still the most amazing human to be created, ever.
 But I think I'll most likely stop doing these brag lists after 2 years.



The skills & life experience of a 21 month old:

1. She will take off her dad's shoes and put them away 
in the closet when he gets home from work.
She insists on arranging them in a very precise way
 and I will take full blame for that ocd behavior.

2. She can put her own shoes on all by herself.
Sometimes on the wrong foot, but that's okay.

3. She is in this new "helping" stage.
If I'm doing laundry, she has to push the button.
If I'm loading the dishwasher, she has to load something.
If I'm windex-ing the table, she must have her own paper towel.

And if I start pretty much any task without her, she runs towards
 me out of nowhere yelling "help! help! help!"

4.This goes along with #3,
 but she always wants to "pay" when we're at the store.
She will snatch my debit card out of my hand,
while simultaneously pushing buttons on the keypad. 

It was a little obnoxious at first, but now I've learned to use
 the moment to actually teach her which buttons to press.
I just need to teach her how to drive and 
I'll be sending her on solo grocery trips in no time!

5. She is a very good singer. 
Sings in the car. Sings along with her TV shows.
Sings in the shower. Sings to her baby.
And I love when I can hear her singing first thing 
in the morning on the baby monitor.

6. She will repeat any word or name she hears as best she can.
This includes swear words. Sooo, I'm trying to say "shit" less often.

7. She's been doing this for awhile, but she knows most
animals and their corresponding noises.
"quack quack" is my personal favorite. 

8. Like most female humans, she loves shopping.
Every time we go to a store she grabs
items from the shelf while saying "cuuuute!"
We leave a trail everywhere we go and
I'm positive retail employees hate us. 

9. It took a lot of courage, but she will go
down playground slides all by herself now. 
Some of the big slides are still too intimidating,
 but I'm impressed by how brave she has become.

10. She yells "mommy" while walking through the house looking for me.
I've been her mom since day one, duh. 
But hearing her little voice say mommy makes me feel like I'm the real deal.

I really love it a lot and I think it's just one of those little things I've been
 waiting for ever since I even imagined myself becoming a mom.

I love you Lyla! 
Looking at your baby pictures makes me a sad momma.
Thanks for being my helper. My mess maker. My best friend.
You are the perfect combination of sweet & sassy and 
you make my heart feel so very full. 
Don't grow up. Please.

But Please do let me take your picture more often.
This is what has been happening recently....

Lyla say cheese:



 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

2 comments: