I am basically an expert at taking two kiddos to the grocery store by myself.
However, taking both babies to the grocery store six months ago was an absolute last resort.
Six months ago my grocery store trips either happened at night after Kirk got home from work,
or only after several hours of begging Olivia to join me for a "lesbian outing." I'm kidding.
Olivia surrenders herself to my children at all times, as if they were her own.
However, taking both babies to the grocery store six months ago was an absolute last resort.
Six months ago my grocery store trips either happened at night after Kirk got home from work,
or only after several hours of begging Olivia to join me for a "lesbian outing." I'm kidding.
Olivia surrenders herself to my children at all times, as if they were her own.
Anywho. Taking kids to the grocery store is little like what I imagine herding cattle is like.
It's an art and science that requires a little bit of creativity and a whole lot of patience.
Letting Lyla be involved in the shopping experience seems to help a lot.
She likes to picks out snacks, even knows how to use the weight scale in the produce section.
It's an art and science that requires a little bit of creativity and a whole lot of patience.
Letting Lyla be involved in the shopping experience seems to help a lot.
She likes to picks out snacks, even knows how to use the weight scale in the produce section.
I typically just open random bags of grapes, blueberries, and cookies to keep them quiet.
It's probably a bad habit to allow, but there is no screaming. no crying.
everyone stays in the cart the entire time.
It's really really amazing and if you aren't a mom you probably don't
understand why this is such a huge accomplishment.
I'm patting myself on the back. Yep. "Nice job, Kaili..."
It's probably a bad habit to allow, but there is no screaming. no crying.
everyone stays in the cart the entire time.
![]() |
| hmm. this is not a grocery cart. oh well. |
understand why this is such a huge accomplishment.
I'm patting myself on the back. Yep. "Nice job, Kaili..."


No comments:
Post a Comment