There are some grandparents out there who are getting feisty about the lack of blogging lately. I know all they really care about is the photos, so hopefully this will hold them over until next week. I think our fun level is going to plummet after one final fun run this weekend for our one year anniversary. We are heading to Florida to escape reality for a few days. Taylor & Jordan have volunteered themselves for the daunting task of caring for Lyla & Max in our absence. Kurt & Olivia will be joining them for a sleepover too! That combines some of the kids most favorite adults all in one house, so I doubt they will even notice we're gone...ha. wishful thinking. This will be the longest we have ever been apart from each other, so I'm definitely nervous about leaving. They will be fine though. They are in good hands. Tay & Jordan might refuse to have children for a few more years afterwards, which my mother in law may hate me for, but they will be fine too. Survival is key. Ha. Lyla is already begging for us to leave, but I imagine she is going to feel much differently when bedtime rolls around. Max will probably have a mental breakdown when he is unable to cradle my boob. Buuuut fingers crossed all goes well.
Then after this mini-vacay we are going to slow way down from the life of royalty we've been treated to this summer. I already feel like the holidays are right around the corner! Ugh. I hope the kids will slow down as well with all this growing up business, but realistically I know that just isn't going to happen. Lyla is blowing me away lately with the funny things she says and her vocabulary choices. I stop and look at her several times a day wondering, "where in the world did you come from?" She continues to be an advocate for her little brother and always very nurturing. He was in time out for who knows what the other day and Lyla says to me, "Mom, try to be nicer to Max. We wouldn't be a family without our little brother." As if I was plotting his murder or something.
It's understandable why she might think I would be considering such a crime, as Max has taken naughty to a new level lately. I was hopeful that we already conquered through the terrible two phase with him, but I'm afraid we barely skimmed the surface. It's confusing because he is so incredibly sweet, yet so very mischievous! And aggressive! And fearless! And now he's developed a little side of sass which is so delightful. <- not. It's cool though. He is learning. We will get through it. It could always be worse. He's lucky he's funny...and cute.








It's not going to be daunting! It's going to be fun! Can't wait to take care of the kiddos all weekend.
ReplyDelete