Oct 6, 2015

BIG NEWS PEOPLE!

I wasn't going to announce this yet because I feel it might be too soon and I don't want to jinx it...but I'm so freaking excited! I can't hold it in any longer! If you think I'm going to say I'm pregnant, well keep dreamin' people! Max is nearly potty trained!!!!! 

Okay, but seriously. This is big news for us. The potty training thing was becoming quite the ordeal. I tried and tried and tried, convinced myself that my methods were failing because I don't know what it's like to have a penis, so Kirk tried and tried and tried. There wasn't any potty training approach in the book that was working. Poor Max was to the point that he haaaated getting his diaper changed because obviously it doesn't feel good getting a monster sized poop cleaned off your bum. The pee thing wasn't really a biggie, just annoying because he would always say "toilet" promptly after soiling his pants. He would have good days and bad days. It felt like he was so so so close, but after several weeks he wasn't making any real progress, just more gross accidents. I encouraged him daily & had no shame in using bribes, but he rejected everything. The only explanation could be he just wasn't ready yet. I decided to lay off the pressure and try again in a few weeks, realistically I was mentally preparing myself for 6+ more months of diaper madness. I mean geez, he is only two.

Alright, so I was no longer even mentioning the toilet to Max anymore and he wakes up on Monday suddenly asking to use the toilet. It happened once and I thought it was cool, but most likely a fluke. Then it happened again and again and again. FOUR times he asked to use the toilet. He would be running around the house like a mad man then stop dead in his tracks, grab his unit, and look me right in the eye every time with the most surprised look on his face. It was hilarious. He pooped too. He was content sitting on the toilet for nearly half an hour. Like father like son... Lol. 

I am so excited because it means he is finally recognizing the sensation & maybe, just maybe, the end of diapers is near. He woke up on Tuesday asking to use the toilet all over again. I guess all we needed was for it to be his own idea, of course. How could I forget that simple two year old logic? 

Anyway, he really must be feeling like a big kid because he's also wanted to sleep in the guest bedroom three nights in row. It's a "big boy bed" compared to his crib transformed toddler bed. I think I see more changes in our future...including a Max bedroom renovation! I saw these really awesome comic book sheets at Pottery Barn! Oh man... I think I'm getting ahead of myself. Someone warn Kirk!  






 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment