I got out of the shower this morning to find my outfit, underwear included, had been picked and laid out for me on my bed, as I do for Lyla sometimes. I glanced at the clothing choices and giggled to myself, then Lyla walked into the room with a very delighted expression on her face. She was proud to announce that she picked my outfit for the day and also found clothes for herself to match.
I had a few errands to run so my first thought was, "oh boy, how am I going to get out of this one?" Then my next thought was, "oh, who cares." I ventured throughout the rest of my day, dressed by Lyla. She also picked out my shoes before we left the house. It was so hilarious to watch her rummage through my closet making several different variations of the sigh noise. She finally exclaimed, with a very disappointed tone in her voice, "Mom, you don't have any shoes that match. I guess these ones will have to do." I think what she meant is I don't have any pink shoes. Ha! We went shopping together and, to be honest, I forgot all about my silly outfit within five minutes of leaving the house.
The color combo definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but that part actually didn't really bother me. I felt it was mostly the dry-fit top with lace shorts that amped up the dork factor! It still could have been a lot worse. Also, you can't tell so much in the photo but Lyla's shirt is very pink and her skirt has a lace-like embellishment. Soooo as far as coordinating our outfits, she gets a big fatty gold star. I believe Kirk called us a "giant valentine."
I had a few errands to run so my first thought was, "oh boy, how am I going to get out of this one?" Then my next thought was, "oh, who cares." I ventured throughout the rest of my day, dressed by Lyla. She also picked out my shoes before we left the house. It was so hilarious to watch her rummage through my closet making several different variations of the sigh noise. She finally exclaimed, with a very disappointed tone in her voice, "Mom, you don't have any shoes that match. I guess these ones will have to do." I think what she meant is I don't have any pink shoes. Ha! We went shopping together and, to be honest, I forgot all about my silly outfit within five minutes of leaving the house.
The color combo definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but that part actually didn't really bother me. I felt it was mostly the dry-fit top with lace shorts that amped up the dork factor! It still could have been a lot worse. Also, you can't tell so much in the photo but Lyla's shirt is very pink and her skirt has a lace-like embellishment. Soooo as far as coordinating our outfits, she gets a big fatty gold star. I believe Kirk called us a "giant valentine."


No comments:
Post a Comment