October is here. This year is going to be over before we know it. I know I sound like a broken record by now, but the weeks and months just fly by. We still have the occasional day that drags on forever, but I always tell myself not to worry because I know all I have to do is blink and it will be next year. Life is good to us.
There is much chatter going on in our house lately about Halloween. Max has proven Lyla is the indecisive one, as he made a solid costume choice about a month ago and hasn't changed his mind even once. I've heard ideas from Lyla including Wonder Woman, Rapunzel, Elsa, & a mermaid. It changes on the daily basis, so I told her we're going to wait a couple more weeks before making the final decision resulting in the big purchase. However, these kids are fortunate enough to have so many wonderful grandmas who treat them like royalty. Lyla may have let a costume idea slip during one of many in depth conversations with ol' granny and guess what? Surprise! A mermaid costume showed up at the front door. Max was delighted to find a Captain America costume for him as well. Costumes get used a whole bunch in this house, so they're a wise investment, but those grandmas are pretty sneaky! I hope I'm lucky enough to become one someday.
There has been a lot of Lyla stories on the blog lately and it's honestly by pure coincidence. I don't want anyone getting the idea there is a favorite child or anything...well, actually, it depends on the day. Hehee! I remember always nagging my mom with the question about who was her favorite child. She would always respond that I was her favorite daughter and Jake was her favorite son. That was an easy response considering she only had two kids. I would pressure her more by asking who she loved more, seems a little messed up now that I think of it. She would tell me how she loved us equally for different reasons. I never thought that made much sense but I get it now. I love you Max! I love you Lyla!
Anyway, a little tidbit about Max to keep the blog balanced. He is really obsessed with Kirk's car lately. I think it's the main reason he chooses blue colored items whenever possible. Kirk gets home from work and Max immediately questions him about his "boooo car" [boooo = blue] He seems to think Kirk will forget to bring the car home one night or something. To Max's surprise, he is always happy to find it in the driveway. After confirming the status of the car, he usually moves onto questions Kirk's work shirt. He points to the "1488" logo and says the numbers in his cute little voice. Don't freak out --- he can't actually read, he was just taught that's what it says. He moves to Kirk's name embroidered on the opposite side of the shirt, he points to the letters and says "daddy." Then he looks to Kirk for confirmation that he got all the information correct. It really cracks me up! I want Kirk to have a real work shirt that has "daddy" embroidered on it instead of "Kirk." That would be great.
Oh! Also, one more cool fact about Max. I discovered a way for him to eat all kinds of fruit, finally. I simply blend up raw fruit, pour it into a popsicle mold, and voila! It's a miracle! Thank you to Charli for the magical gift of a popsicle mold. Max no longer rejects fruit and he doesn't even know it. Now if we could only make some progress with this potty training gig, which has transformed into a terrifying & disgusting project. We're just going to keep on trying!
The first photo I'm sharing of Max is from the park. It appears his hair is wet --- yes, he is drenched in sweat. Crazy kid! And the second photo I love because it represents Max's versatile fashion choices.
There has been a lot of Lyla stories on the blog lately and it's honestly by pure coincidence. I don't want anyone getting the idea there is a favorite child or anything...well, actually, it depends on the day. Hehee! I remember always nagging my mom with the question about who was her favorite child. She would always respond that I was her favorite daughter and Jake was her favorite son. That was an easy response considering she only had two kids. I would pressure her more by asking who she loved more, seems a little messed up now that I think of it. She would tell me how she loved us equally for different reasons. I never thought that made much sense but I get it now. I love you Max! I love you Lyla!
Anyway, a little tidbit about Max to keep the blog balanced. He is really obsessed with Kirk's car lately. I think it's the main reason he chooses blue colored items whenever possible. Kirk gets home from work and Max immediately questions him about his "boooo car" [boooo = blue] He seems to think Kirk will forget to bring the car home one night or something. To Max's surprise, he is always happy to find it in the driveway. After confirming the status of the car, he usually moves onto questions Kirk's work shirt. He points to the "1488" logo and says the numbers in his cute little voice. Don't freak out --- he can't actually read, he was just taught that's what it says. He moves to Kirk's name embroidered on the opposite side of the shirt, he points to the letters and says "daddy." Then he looks to Kirk for confirmation that he got all the information correct. It really cracks me up! I want Kirk to have a real work shirt that has "daddy" embroidered on it instead of "Kirk." That would be great.
Oh! Also, one more cool fact about Max. I discovered a way for him to eat all kinds of fruit, finally. I simply blend up raw fruit, pour it into a popsicle mold, and voila! It's a miracle! Thank you to Charli for the magical gift of a popsicle mold. Max no longer rejects fruit and he doesn't even know it. Now if we could only make some progress with this potty training gig, which has transformed into a terrifying & disgusting project. We're just going to keep on trying!
The first photo I'm sharing of Max is from the park. It appears his hair is wet --- yes, he is drenched in sweat. Crazy kid! And the second photo I love because it represents Max's versatile fashion choices.






I miss you guys :(( Scarlett is obsessed with the little mermaid right now so lyla will be her idol when she sees the pics hahaha
ReplyDelete