We took a quick trip to San Antonio over the weekend with Kurt & Olivia. We figured we were overdue for an adventure & had never been to San Antonio together either. It was exciting finally going somewhere as a family that wasn't Idaho. I remember the spontaneous weekend trips, mostly to Utah or Jackson Hole, we would take all the time when living in Idaho. I find myself having a pity party every once in awhile that potato land ranks in at #1 priority when it comes to our time & cash flow. Maybe one day I won't love Idaho so much. Then I remind myself to stop complaining because we are fortunate people to even have that as a problem.
I'll write less on the tragedies of a spoiled girl & more on San Antonio now. :)
We stayed at a lovely hotel located right on the River Walk, which is absolutely beautiful. It reminded me a lot of my visit to Venice, several years ago. I believe Olivia described the area as "historically rich" which is quite accurate. It felt like we were in a fairy tale while exploring all the trails covered in greenery & crossing over the ancient bridges. I really really enjoyed it. If I ever end up as a homeless gypsy, look for me in San Antonio. We did a little shopping, ate lunch inside a tunnel at one of the many restaurants along the River Walk, & enjoyed the rooftop pool at our hotel. We did a lot of walking and I was very impressed with Lyla, who kept up at our pace with minimal complaints. Max insisted on being carried frequently. Unfortunately for Kurt, he refused to let anyone else carry him. Hopefully the compliment outweighs the burden on that one. Hehee!
We stayed at a lovely hotel located right on the River Walk, which is absolutely beautiful. It reminded me a lot of my visit to Venice, several years ago. I believe Olivia described the area as "historically rich" which is quite accurate. It felt like we were in a fairy tale while exploring all the trails covered in greenery & crossing over the ancient bridges. I really really enjoyed it. If I ever end up as a homeless gypsy, look for me in San Antonio. We did a little shopping, ate lunch inside a tunnel at one of the many restaurants along the River Walk, & enjoyed the rooftop pool at our hotel. We did a lot of walking and I was very impressed with Lyla, who kept up at our pace with minimal complaints. Max insisted on being carried frequently. Unfortunately for Kurt, he refused to let anyone else carry him. Hopefully the compliment outweighs the burden on that one. Hehee!
The kiddos had a wonderful time, particularly at the hotel. There is something so appealing about a bedroom that doesn't belong to you, a house phone, free toiletries, long hallways, and elevators with lots of buttons. The pool was definitely a big hit in the entertainment category as well. I hope they are always that easy to please because I can't imagine a more relaxing way to vacation. They picked out toy cork guns as their souvenir that "pop" when you pump them. I'm still questioning our sanity for agreeing to that purchase. I'm considering it an early course in gun safety training...so far they are both failing miserably!
We ventured out on Sunday and soon after Max got car sick and puked all over himself & momma. It was very sad. Then we were disappointed to learn the restaurant, where we hoped to enjoy breakfast, had a 1+ hour wait. Soooo we're declaring Sunday as a bust and definitely looking forward to returning to San Antonio for another weekend soon. I would love to tour inside of the Alamo since we were only able to take a peek at the exterior of the building on this trip. We are considering Seaworld for next time too. Overall, we had a really fun time together & I give San Antonio two thumbs up!
We ventured out on Sunday and soon after Max got car sick and puked all over himself & momma. It was very sad. Then we were disappointed to learn the restaurant, where we hoped to enjoy breakfast, had a 1+ hour wait. Soooo we're declaring Sunday as a bust and definitely looking forward to returning to San Antonio for another weekend soon. I would love to tour inside of the Alamo since we were only able to take a peek at the exterior of the building on this trip. We are considering Seaworld for next time too. Overall, we had a really fun time together & I give San Antonio two thumbs up!
![]() |
| The kids supporting Kurt & Olivia's In-N-Out obsession. |



No comments:
Post a Comment