Wednesday means gymnastics and you better believe we took the opportunity to dress up again. The kiddos are quite fond of their teacher, Mr. Brad, so they were really looking forward to showing off their costumes today. It turns out Mr. Brad is also a superhero fan, as he was dressed as Spiderman. Plus, it was extra fun to have our friend Jordyn accompany gymnastics today as our guest. We think her mom and baby sister are pretty swell too!
We were preparing for another party later in the day when Lyla randomly decided she wanted to ditch the Robin costume and swap it out for a princess dress found in her closet. The plain ol' princess look seemed a little too ordinary, so I was "heavily encouraging" her to let me add some zombie appeal to her ensemble. I had Aunt Taylor on my team to promote the gory transformation as well. Lyla was finally agreeable once we clarified we weren't going to use real blood. The moment she understood it was fake, she was totally on board. The only other condition was Taylor must be the one to create the masterpiece, of course. That was fine with me, as my artist skills from last year proved my scary make-up abilities resemble more of a raccoon. Lyla was thrilled with the final product. She really got into character and we went outside to scare kids around the neighborhood. Well, technically we could only find one kid....still fun though.
Kirk got home from work in time for the next Trunk or Treat event with Kurt & Olivia. Kurt planned to dress-up as The Joker and Max was super pumped to take down a real villian. Well. It turns out he is all talk because in reality he was terrified of The Joker mask. I attempted a photo anyway of Batman & Joker, but as you can see it didn't exactly work out. I will make another attempt on real Halloween & hopefully the fear will subside by that time.
I'm curious what will inspire Lyla's costume choice for tomorrow, maybe Max will venture away from Batman. Who knows! We are lucky to have a costume collection big enough to give us so many versatile options. Personally, I will be on the hunt for a witch nose to complete my costume for Saturday night.
The zombie started hissing when I requested her participation
in a family photo, so this is what you get.







No comments:
Post a Comment