Aug 24, 2014

Back to Texas. Back to Normal.

We are back. I am so happy to be home. Idaho will always have a permanent home in my heart, but my happy place is in Texas with Kirk, Lyla, & Max. The babies had a lot of fun times in Idaho and bonded with so many relatives. However, we have only been home for a few days and both of them already seem just better. Before our flight I explained to Lyla that we were going back home. Her response was, "what kind of home?" It made me laugh. 

She had no trouble remembering "what kind of home" as soon as we arrived. We have spent most of our time so far getting reacquainted with our house. After spending a month in Idaho, there is currently zero routine. Which I hate. I don't know what time is nap time. The bed time routine seems so foreign. I am working on reintroducing Lyla to a hairbrush. At least we are cooking meals at home again. The amount of french fries we consumed in Idaho was getting to be just shameful. I know we will get back to normal very soon. It's actually nice start over with a clean slate. 




I left the boobs on the airplane, meaning Max is having to get used to a very new normal. My goal with both my babies was to breastfeed for at least twelve months and longer until one of us no longer enjoyed it. As I've mentioned before, it was really challenging when Lyla was a baby and we only worked out for a few months. Max and I have been more successful and it's been a wonderful experience for both of us. I truly love being his source of comfort. Unfortunately, he is becoming a very aggressive eater and I no longer enjoy nursing him. I feel like a mobile drinking fountain and/or  chew toy. It makes me feel mad at him and I don't want to feel angry with a one year old. That is just silly. It's time for me to reclaim my body. I'm doing my best to hide temptation by wearing  loose shirts, and so far he seems to be adjusting well. 

I am so proud of both of them for how well they adjusted in Idaho. I was worried after how overwhelmed they were during our Christmas trip. Max changed and grew substantially while we were there. I feel like I left with a baby and returned with a toddler. He communicates a lot more now and is beginning to say words. Lyla seems different after being there too. She is funnier and even more clever than before. During our visit, she practiced her Frozen performance for anyone who would watch. She spent quality time with all of her grandparents and even got to participate in a few of my old kid traditions. aka: driving on grandpa's lap. "ha-ha kids!"

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment