Aug 25, 2014

I Can Hear Texas

This is just a little story about Lyla that I never want to forget:


While we were in Idaho we experienced several thunderstorms. It seemed unusual for this time of year, then again it is Idaho. Idaho is famous for  bipolar weather. Anyway, one night it was getting pretty late. After many attempts, it was obvious that Lyla was not falling asleep anytime soon. I took her to my grandma's back porch and she sat on my lap as we listened to the rain. We were sitting in silence when suddenly she says, "Mommy, I can hear Texas, but I can't see Texas." I squeezed her tight and simply smiled. I love that she correlates Texas with the rain and it was a pleasant reminder of how different a two year old perceives nature, the world, and life in general. 

I hope she never loses that magical sense of wonder.
[is that a song? i think that is a song. i need a life.]

I love you, my baby Lyla. 

 photo kailisig3_zpsdd012512.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment