Here's a little Father's Day recap for blog purposes...
Lyla was eager to wake up Kirk first thing in the morning to deliver his gift in bed. I forced her to let him sleep in, as she waited impatiently in the living room. She was basically walking in circles. And if she could tell time, she definitely would have been staring at the clock. Kirk is developing an internal alarm clock of an old man and his slumber only lasted until about 8:30. Poor fella.
We spent a lovely day together as a family doing what Kirk enjoys the most --- relaxing. Then we managed to get off our butts for Kirk's second favorite thing --- Mexican food & Margaritas! Lyla and I put together a photo book for Kirk with every single photo including him and the kids since the beginning of time. It was an extensive process going through the several folders of photos on my computer, but totally worth it. I know it was fun for Lyla to look at her newborn pictures, especially those first moments with her daddy. Those two had a special bond since day one. I'm so grateful to have Kirk by my side through this journey called parenthood. He is patient and level-headed. He keeps me sane. I know Kirk credits a lot of his greatness to his own father, who is a loyal husband, dedicated father, and an incredibly hard worker.
We spent a lovely day together as a family doing what Kirk enjoys the most --- relaxing. Then we managed to get off our butts for Kirk's second favorite thing --- Mexican food & Margaritas! Lyla and I put together a photo book for Kirk with every single photo including him and the kids since the beginning of time. It was an extensive process going through the several folders of photos on my computer, but totally worth it. I know it was fun for Lyla to look at her newborn pictures, especially those first moments with her daddy. Those two had a special bond since day one. I'm so grateful to have Kirk by my side through this journey called parenthood. He is patient and level-headed. He keeps me sane. I know Kirk credits a lot of his greatness to his own father, who is a loyal husband, dedicated father, and an incredibly hard worker.
I'm also grateful for my own Dad. I've been his favorite daughter my entire life and he's always been my numero uno. My tendency to think fast and act even faster comes from my him, along with his sarcastic and lighthearted attitude towards life. I have a handful of grandpas that have influenced my life more than they probably know. And shout out to all the other Dads out there choosing to not hide under a rock. You guys are awesome!
![]() |
| I learned a few years back that Kirk is capable of braiding hair. I guess having four sisters will do that to you. Regardless, he earned some brownie points in my book. |





No comments:
Post a Comment